.NET Developer w/CSS
Tellenger, Inc. seeks a talented.NET developer with strong CSS skills to play a pivotal role in our successful and growing person firm. You will be responsible for the success of our software and website projects while wearing many hats. As a result, you will…
- Be part of the leadership to expand a strong business
- Make a contribution beyond your work on client projects
Tellenger, Inc. is a business consulting firm that designs and develops custom web-based software apps. We do everything from complex, enterprise-level builds to traditional websites and even mobile technology. Our strength is connecting an organization’s business objectives with the right technology solution doing both the strategy and development. Founded in July 2007, we have multiple long-term government contracts as well as many private sector clients making for interesting and diverse work. An outcome of the quality of our work has resulted in the company doubling revenue every year since we started.
About the Position:
You will serve as a key technologist working with another developer building applications and helping to brainstorm solutions to client challenges. Initially you will be working on one government project that will help millions of people across the U.S. and possibly building a new web-based business. This will require you to have a passion for technology, coding, and development processes as well as the business savvy for meeting client objectives, building our business, and potentially managing others. The position is based at 2275 Research Blvd., Rockville, MD.
Core Aspects of the Position:
- On your own and on a team…develop, maintain, and support custom software application solutions using ASP.NET, C#, and related technologies
- Test and implement proposed solutions in an SQL Server environment
- Support system development initiatives throughout all lifecycle stages, including requirements definition, design, development, testing, and implementation
- Strong CSS skills
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Must understand and have worked with .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.5 concepts such as .NET Generics and LINQ
- Must understand security concerns and mitigation techniques for things like SQL Injection, XSS, etc.
To meet our needs you must be experienced with:
1) Demonstrated experience with .NET architecture, including:
- At least 4 years implementing .NET solutions in a production environment using C#
- Good understanding of the Common Language Runtime, component-oriented development, object-oriented development, and the .NET object model
2) At least 5 years professional experience developing .NET applications, including:
- At least 4 year experience with C#, VB.NET or C++.
- At least 3 year experience with ASP.NET or ASP.
- At least 3 year experience operating within a proven software development methodology.
3) At least 5 year of RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, or Sybase experience), including:
- Programming with PL-SQL or T-SQL to create stored procedures, triggers, user-defined functions, and SQL statements.
- Data Modeling and optimization.
4) At least 3 years of experience with the following technologies:
- CSS/HTML (i.e., able to solve most CSS problems and browser inconsistencies)
- XML, XSL, XPath, AJAX
- .NET Remoting, Service-Oriented Architecture, Distributed Information Systems,
- Experience in Information Security, Federal Computing Regulations, Accessibility a plus.
- U.S. citizen
- Experience leading client meetings (needs to be able to gain the trust and confidence of the client)
- Full SDLC experience
- Must have worked on numerous government and/or large enterprise projects
- Exceptional coding and database skills (initially you’ll be building complete systems)
- Code a back-end system (including designing an MS SQL database)
- Code a front-end of a website (potentially)
- Listen to client challenges and know which technologies could resolve those challenges (without being locked into any personal technology preferences)
- Conduct research and substantiate recommendations with business-goal-oriented reasoning
- In consult with engagement managers and team members, generate estimates for delivering proposed technical solutions
- Communicate — both in writing and verbally — recommendations to team members and clients alike in a succinct, actionable way
- Identify new areas of opportunity for Tellenger and its clients to explore technologically to address business challenges and facilitate growth
In addition to building software that improves the effectiveness and efficiency of organizations you will play a role in shaping Tellenger’s future:
- Brainstorm ways of improving processes, products, and client services
- Innovate better ways of doing business
- Participate in business strategy sessions
Commensurate with experience
Great work environment, full health insurance, 15 days PTO, Federal holidays, bonuses for exceptional work, opportunities for advancement