We are seeking a full-time Creative Chief whose career thus far demonstrates a balance between design, usability, and information architecture. This person should have liberal experience with what’s possible from a design perspective with back-end technologies spanning content management systems, blog platforms, e-commerce systems, and the tools that bring them to life (JS, jQuery, some PHP, etc.).
This person should have an impressive design portfolio and a proven ability to deliver usable experiences. This person must be able to create such designs and user experiences in a way that is driven by the clients’ unique business objectives, not the other way around.
If you tend to ask “Why?” or “What if?” regularly, and immerse yourself in research to substantiate your choices toward creating more effective, usable online (and/or mobile) experiences, then we’re intrigued.
This person must:
- Have a minimum of 5 years of post-education experience designing beautiful, usable, standards-based websites and/or applications
- Easily code cross-browser compatible CSS/HTML
- Have direct experience working in various web platforms (blogs, CMSs, e-commerce, CRM), and/or mobile browsing/applications
- Have the experience to create comps from a blank page based on some guidance about what the client is seeking
- Stay abreast of the landscape of design possibilities and trends in web and mobile
- Make the client’s objectives for the design the top priority
- Be articulate and professional
- Be a U.S. citizen (essential)
- Have knowledge of 508 compliance (or experience, ideally)
- Have an eerily insatiable passion for web and mobile technologies
- Want to work (and help to build) a creative team of individuals who are passionate about delivering exceptional work for diverse clients
On a typical day, this Creative Chief must be able to:
- Listen to client challenges and formulate what design and usability solutions could resolve those challenges
- Create wireframes — independently or with UX strategists — that effectively communicate layout and usability
- Conduct research and substantiate recommendations with business-goal-oriented reasoning
- Execute design and/or front-end development projects in a deadline-driven environment without panicking
- Guide additional creative staff to strengthen ideas and deliverables
- In consult with engagement managers and team members, generate estimates for delivering proposed creative solutions
- Communicate — both in writing and verbally — recommendations to team members and clients alike in a succinct, actionable way
- Identify new areas of opportunity for Tellenger and its clients to explore creatively to address business challenges and facilitate growth
$75k or more, depending on experience
Full health insurance, 15 days PTO, Federal holidays, bonuses for exceptional work, opportunities for advancement
Negotiable — We’re looking for the *right* person.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your (1) Cover Letter (2) Resume (3) A brief list of five design trends (or libraries/tools/apps/etc.) you love and WHY